Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Little Night Music

How is the weather where you are?

Here in Dallas, Texas, we seem to be going through a seasonal transition that is more extensive than usual. Ordinarily, my impression has been that we get about two weeks of spring and two weeks of fall, and the rest of the time it is either summer or winter. But the whole month of October seems to have been wetter and milder than usual, and I cannot tell if that means we can expect a colder than usual winter, one that is perhaps more prolonged than what we have experienced in recent years.

That might not be a bad thing if it meant some of the insects get killed off.

As I write this, we expect a shift of nearly 30 degrees, from around 76 during the afternoon to below 50 overnight. I am not sure what that says about what to expect. I just know it seems a little radical for my system.

Anyway, the weather has put me in a reflective mood.

And I thought I would share a few appropriate songs with you. I do not know what the weather is like where you are. And these are not all meteorologically inspired. But tomorrow is Friday, the last day of the week for those of you lucky enough to still have jobs. The day before Halloween, for those of you with children or plans to dress yourself up for some trick or treating.

This is not really in line with either of those moods. I guess this is a sort of stream of consciousness. And it is my gift to you.








No comments: