Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Never Thought Of That

If I have a "guilty pleasure," I guess it would be those real–life forensics investigation shows on TV.

I'm like most amateur sleuths, I guess. I like to think I'm pretty good, although I'm probably not as good as I think I am.

But I really have to give credit to the investigators who were looking for evidence in the murder of 28–year–old Jasmine Fiore.

Her body was found in an Anaheim, Calif., dumpster last weekend. Her teeth had been extracted and her fingers had been removed. Police said it was apparently a deliberate attempt to obscure her identity.

However, Fiore, a former model, had breast implants, and she was identified by the serial numbers on her implants.

I never would have thought that implants could have the same identification value as fingerprints or dental records. Guess I don't know as much about forensics as I thought I did.

By the way, an arrest warrant has been issued for Ryan Alexander Jenkins, a former reality TV contestant. Jenkins and Fiore were married in March.

Apparently, he didn't know as much about forensics as he needed to.

My guess is that he thought he had come up with the perfect crime. But he was wrong, wasn't he?

No comments: