Thursday, March 19, 2009

Comic Relief

I don't know who came up with this. I just happened to stumble onto it tonight.

But someone has started a blog called Barack Obama's Teleprompter's Blog, and it is being presented as if the teleprompter were writing it. It's being billed as "Reflections From the Hard Drive of the Machine that Enables the Voice of the Leader of the Free World."

It appears to have been started yesterday, and it seems rather clever. Read it for yourself and see what you think.

I'll put a link to it on the right-hand section of my blog. That will make it easier for you to access it.

Speaking of humor, CNN's Anderson Cooper makes an interesting observation in his blog in reference to Obama's scheduled appearance on the Tonight Show tonight.

Cooper asked if the president will be funny. A White House official's reply was, "As funny as the times allow."

Cooper wondered how funny the times allow, then observed, "You can't get funnier, given the times, than New York Congressman Gary Ackerman. Read what he said yesterday at the congressional hearings on the insurance giant AIG."

Cooper then provided Ackerman's comments. I'll let them speak for themselves:
Congressman Ackerman:

"There's a great company called I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. At least they have the decency to tell you it's not butter."

Ackerman continues: "I mean, this is insurance without being insurance, because if they called it insurance, they'd have to have money to pay you off. But they don't have the money to pay you off. And they're calling it credit default swaps, because if they called it I Can't Believe It's Not Insurance … maybe nobody would buy it."
I have to admit, I look forward to the day when the times will allow all of us to laugh again.

How long will that be?

No comments: